Summer Tween - Teen 180⁰ Leadership CampA Supportive Approach to Youth Development
Camp Dates: CALL (678) 615-8160 For DetailsTimes: 9am - 4pm daily
Boys & Girls (ages 11 - 18)
Cost: $149 weekly cost
Camp Meeting Location: Decatur Recreation Center (231 Sycamore St, Decatur, GA 30030)
FREE Van Pickup & Drop Off
- Pick-Up - Lawrenceville at the Publix on Sugarloaf Parkway (3370 Sugarloaf Pkwy) at 8:00am; and at Lucky Shoals (4651 Britt Rd, Norcross, GA 30093) at 8:25am.
- After Camp Drop Off - Lucky Shoals at 4:30pm, and at the Publix in Lawrenceville at 5:00pm.
- Please send me an email to firstname.lastname@example.org if you will need a pickup at one of the two locations.
- Communication Skills Challenge with government officials and school principals
- Library Scavenger Hunt
- Stone Mountain Basketball Training Course
- Alexander Park Team Disc Golf
- Decatur Recreation Workshop Sessions
- Community Service Projects in Decatur
- Mountain Park Soccer and Footwork Challenge
- Business Leader Presentations
- Olympic Team Games
- Mission Impossible - Challenging team and individual effort in an intense environment.
Empowering Tweens & Motivating Teens
Paving the way for tweens and teens, each day youth learn the values of perseverance, attitude, sacrifice, setting goals, inner strength, optimism, and never giving up. Teen 180⁰ explores the limitations of our youth while developing the character needed for 8th grade transition into high school, 6th and 7th grade leadership techniques, and high school goal setting, follow through, and communication. This camp is not a sit down camp, but a physical exploration of self-awareness. Mental/physical activities take each child past their limitations and into a new atmosphere of preparation, self-confidence, and leadership design. Sports include basketball, soccer, and field day olympics; day trips include scavenger hunts, mountain leadership adventure, Stone Mountain team building exercises; and Leadership trips include local business presentations where youth will understand that their voice matters when they present professionally.
Teen 180⁰ empowers tweens to feel smarter, happier, fit, and more self-confident as they engage in the pressures of the world around them. Our tweens are provided with leadership and social support with the overarching theme of embarking on a journey and charting new territory. By equipping our tweens with leadership skills and the confidence to express their ideas and opinions through an innovative approach to learning, each participant learns how to take charge and dream. Mentoring relationships are a very important component as our tweens are introduced as role models into the community. Teen 180⁰ empowers teenagers to develop their capabilities through leadership enrichment, athletics, community, and career exploration. These experiences are achieved in part through the innovative and intensive mentoring provided by our unique staff of mentors.
What To Bring: Please bring a sack lunch and water bottle daily.
We Will Provide: Folder & Worksheets and Conditioned Minds Bag.